Wednesday 1 July 2009

A lunch with Paul

Hi All
Annie and I drove to Nerang for lunch with Paul today.
Paul shouted us lunch at the Grand, a golf style resort of which he is a member.  If you look closely in the pictures you can see the golf course behind us.
Paul and I had A half dozen oysters as entree. Oysters Kilpatrick is about as good as it gets for me.  Annie and Paul had Red Emperor for the main course and I had a Caesar salad. We had beer and wine too. And coffee. And Sticky Date Pudding - which we shared three ways.
Paul took us to the golf shop after lunch and let us pick some clothes. I picked a pair of  red shorts, a blue sleeveless pullover and a magnificent green shirt with a fine black herringbone pattern. Annie got a couple of pretty tops, one white and one a coral colour.
Talk about a millionaires day out.
Getting back to the car park to find our car parked in amongst Mercs, Beamers and would you believe, earlier - a Roller, seemed to somehow deflate our mood. Ah well, I suppose we've got our health. The trouble is as someone said '' What's the point of being in hospital - dying of nothing''. 
 
 
 

No comments: