Sunday 6 July 2008

Capt Salty's Latest.

As you can see me ol' salts, I've just bought a new boat - well an old one in fact. Annie and I flogged off the old one on eBay after I discovered it sailed like a dunny with the door open. Since the photo was taken I've made up some cheap rollers for the trailer - again after making the amazing discovery that to buy anything that includes the words boat or marine necessitates a bank loan.
Oh! - good news. Annie and I sold the caravan - and very lucky to do so - as we only had one looker. Quite lucky really as I misquoted the length as being 14ft ( including draw-bar ) when actually it is 17ft. I'm sure the people wouldn't have come to see it if I wasn't an idiot and had told them the true length. They must have been keen on the van as they've had to renovate their garage to fit it in.
Anyway, back to the boat. I haven't taken it out yet as the weather has been bad. Paul and I had a great day fishing in the previous boat by the way, and I'm looking forward to him visiting again.

No comments: