Thursday 5 June 2008

Ahoy there!

This is my boat. 
From now on I would like to be addressed as ''Capt Steve''
Asked the young bloke next door ( who owned the boat ) If he wanted to sell it. He said I could have it for $300 so I said I  would ask my wife.  He popped his head in about 30mins later and said I could have it for $150 if it took it straight away so I did'nt bother to ask my wife and took it.  Called in to a boat place to enquire about bits for the trailer and ended up buying a 2nd hand motor, 1/2 price, with one years warranty for $700.  After I buy a bit of the required safety gear, a bit of paint for the trailer etc should have a nice little boat with near new motor for about a grand.
I sort of want to be like Huckleberry Finn and spend time with adventures on the river.  It's such a grand river. The sort where one just has to have a boat.
Will keep you posted.
Over and out
Capt Steve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tiny boat, a yacht is better

Paul said...

She looks like a fine craft for exploring the Tweed River. What are you going to call her? SS Minnow? And when is the launch party? I'll bring a bottle of bubbly down but I don't think we'll be smashing it on the boat!