Tuesday 15 April 2008

Burleigh Beach

No deserted beaches here on the Gold Coast. Burleigh is a delightful place and we are staying in a very pleasant park just a few metres from the glorious beach. Steve is away for a few days so I am spending my days out and about exploring the area using the excellent bus system and my feet. The park is within walking distance to shops, restaurants and clubs. I have found three Op shops which I did the rounds of today. It's a great way to waste time and whilst I didn't find any treasures, I replenished the book stocks.( must have plenty of reading matter) I called into thr Bowls club for a drink and found the place buzzing. An old chap asked me what was going on. I didn't know but found out later that a wake was being held, some old bowler had gone to the great rinks in the sky.

No comments: